When it comes to Android smartphones, LG is one of the most underappreciated manufacturers. LG’s latest gadget, the LG V60 ThinQ, is a formidable beast that competes directly with the Galaxy S20 and OnePlus 8 Pro. If you have an LG Android phone, you are in luck because the businesses offer bootloader unlocking. LG continues to expand the number of phones on which we can unlock the bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader provides a number of benefits, which we’ll go through in this article. You may also learn how to unlock the bootloader on LG phones.
LG is one of the most underestimated manufacturers when it comes to Android devices. The LG V60 ThinQ, LG’s most recent device, is a powerful beast that directly competes with the Galaxy S20 and OnePlus 8 Pro. You’re in luck if you have an LG Android phone because the companies provide bootloader unlocking. The number of LG phones on which we can unlock the bootloader continues to grow. Unlocking the bootloader has several advantages, which we’ll go over in this post. On LG phones, you may also learn how to unlock the bootloader.
Table of Contents
Why Is It Necessary To Unlock The Bootloader?
All Android phones have a locked bootloader, which prevents advanced functionality such as switching carriers or rooting the device. As a result, unlocking the bootloader grants access to numerous advanced capabilities such as rooting, custom ROM installation, custom recovery, and much more. This also enables users to run the most recent OS on older Smartphones that don’t receive official upgrades from the manufacturer. It implies that if you have an LG phone with an unlocked bootloader, no one will be able to prevent you from personalizing it.
Some brands, such as Oppo, Vivo, and Nokia, don’t even enable you to unlock the bootloader, therefore LG outperforms them all and provides you complete control over your phone. You won’t have to worry about data leaks from the corporation if you unlock the bootloader since they lose control of your phone when you install Custom ROMs and GSIs. This is the first instruction for LG phone owners who want to root their phones. It’s because rooting necessitates first unlocking the bootloader. Examine the benefits and drawbacks of unlocking the bootloader on LG phones.
Benefits of LG Bootloader Unlocking
- Support for custom ROMs
- Support for Custom Recovery
- Install themes from third parties.
- Custom boot animation in Flash
- Apply Fonts that are unique to you
- LG Phones Can Be Rooted
Disadvantages of LG Bootloader Unlocking
- It has the potential to void LG Phone warranties.
- All data will be erased if the bootloader is unlocked.
- Widevine L3 can be used in place of Widevine L1.
Unlocking the Bootloader on LG Phones
We can unlock the bootloader on a variety of LG phones. And here is a list of all LG phones that are supported as of the date this article was published.
- For the European market, LG V50 designated as LMV500EM.
- For the European market, LG V40 designated as LMV405EBW.
- The European market, LG G7 designated as LMG710EM.
- V30: H930 LG and H930G for the European market LG V30: H930 and H930G for the European market
- LG G6: US997.USA for the free market in the United States
- H870 for the European market LG G6
- LG V20: US996.USA for the free market in the United States
- H960A for the European market and Android M for the rest of the world (except France)
- For the European market, LG G5 SE: H840
- LG G5: RS988.USA for the free market in the United States
- H850 for the European market LG G5
- H815 for the European market LG G4
If your device is on the list, you may unlock the bootloader of your LG phone by following the instructions below. Whether your phone isn’t on the list, go to the LG developer website to see if it’s compatible.
How to Unlock the LG Phone’s Bootloader?
When compared to other brands of phones, unlocking the bootloader on LG phones is a little more difficult. However, you can simply Unlock Bootloader using this approach. Before proceeding to the major phases, please be sure to review the prerequisites listed below.
- Make sure you have a complete backup of your phone.
- Make sure your phone is at least 50% charged.
- It will void your LG phone’s warranty.
- On your computer, install the ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Install the LG Driver on your computer.
How to Check the IMEI on an LG Phone
On your phone, go to Settings.
Now go to Settings > General and select About Phone from the drop-down menu.
Look for Status in the About Phone section and open it.
You’ll discover your phone’s IMEI number, so write it down in a notepad on your computer.
You may activate developer mode and unlock the bootloader of LG phones after gathering IMEI information for your phone.
Developer Options on LG Phones: How to Enable Them
- On your LG mobile, go to Settings.
- Now click to Settings > General > About Phone to learn more about your phone.
- Look for Software Info on your phone and open it.
- Then, after 7-8 taps on Build Number, it will say, “You are now a developer.”
How to Unlock the Bootloader on an LG Phone
- Go to General > Developer Options in your phone’s Settings.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB debugging in the developer settings.
- Now, using a USB cord, connect your LG phone to your computer.
- On your computer, open the Command window (or CMD).
- Now type the command below into the command window.
- When you run the program above, your phone will ask for permission, so choose to Allow debugging.
- Then, to boot your LG phone into Bootloader Mode or Fastboot Mode, type the instructions below.
adb reboot bootloader
- To acquire the unlock device id, put your phone in Fastboot mode and run the command below.
fastboot oem device-id
- The above command will display your device’s id, therefore copy and paste both line codes into notepad. Make the code on a single line, without spaces, and copy it.
- Go to the LG Official Unlock link on your browser. Make sure you’re logged in to the website. It required since it will send an unlock file to your email address.
- After logging in, go to the same site and scroll down to the bottom of the page to the ‘Starting Unlocking the Bootloader’ button.
- It will take you to the following page, where you must fill out the relevant information, including your phone’s IMEI number. And in Device ID, type the one-line code you acquired in step 12 into the box.
- After you’ve filled out all of the needed information, click Confirm. Then, on the Legal Terms page, click Agree, and the unlock file will be sent to your email.
- Download the unlock.bin file that was emailed to you and save it to the C:adb folder.
- Replace the address C:adb with CMD and hit enter at the C:adb location. It will launch the command prompt.
- Enter the following command in the command window or CMD.
fastboot flash unlock unlock. bin
- The above command will unlock the LG phone’s bootloader and wipe all data. Wait till it proves its worth in CMD.
To boot your phone into the system, use the command below.
- Your phone will now boot into the operating system with the bootloader unlocked.
That’s all! Now you can set up your smartphone and enjoy all of the benefits of having an unlocked bootloader on your LG Phones. To enjoy the newest Android OS, you may now root your phone or install several custom ROMs. You may find rooting instructions in the Root area of our website, where we provide various rooting techniques and suggestions.
That concludes our comprehensive tutorial on unlocking the bootloader on LG phones using approved techniques. There are also other unauthorized techniques, however, such methods have the potential to damage your phone or force you to pay for it, therefore I recommend sticking to the approved ones. Let us know if you have any queries in the comments area.
Lucas Noah, a distinguished writer with a Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) degree, is currently making waves in the digital content sphere with his contributions to Creative Outrank LLC and Oceana Express LLC. His work on their websites showcases hi... Read more