DeskFlex: What Is It?
Increasing numbers of mobile and telecommuting employees are leaving many businesses with an office full of empty cubicles. In addition to reducing your real estate investment costs, DeskFlex ensures your desks are being utilized to the fullest extent possible. Employees and managers can monitor, reclaim, or reserve desks with DeskFlex. As a result, office space becomes more valuable and less space is needed.
What is the process?
A desk-sharing system can be implemented with DeskFlex. Several names are used to describe desk sharing, including hoteling, hot-desking, room scheduling, desk booking, and virtual offices. Desks can be managed in a variety of ways using a browser-based program. It is possible for employees to reserve desks for themselves, for groups to find a place to work together, and for employers to assign specific desks to employees. In DeskFlex, each desk is either vacant or available on a map-like view of the office. Desks can be claimed as employees walk in or are reserved in advance. Additionally, DeskFlex uses motion-sensing technology to ensure accurate desk vacancy data. The motion sensor will alert the system if an employee leaves their desk and adjust the map accordingly.
Factors that determine the selection
Are you wondering what I look for when selecting the best hot desk booking software? My top picks were based on the following selection criteria:
- The user interface (UI) of the software I selected is vibrant, clean, and enjoyable to use.
- The software I selected is simple and straightforward to use, with easy-to-navigate menus and preferences.
- To maximize productivity, I selected systems that integrate with commonly used office applications, such as email and calendars, for a seamless experience.
- I appreciate software that has transparent pricing models and can be scaled up easily to add more bookable spaces. Depending on the particular modules required, pricing details for some systems aren’t always readily available since they are modular in design.
Features of the product
In order to simplify the booking process, hot desk booking software is designed to be straightforward by design. You can expect the following features from the best hot desk booking software:
- Rather than relying on administrators or managers to facilitate bookings, employees can make bookings themselves.
- The ability to book from anywhere at any time and to check in via mobile device is an essential feature.
- A detailed floor plan: Users should be able to find the workspace they want to book from an accurate, and often interactive map. There are even some platforms that provide users with wayfinding features to assist them in locating their way within the workspace.
- A variety of types of workspaces are available for booking, and every workspace has its own unique features. Platforms that offer flexible booking types (such as desks, conference rooms, parking stalls, and equipment) and flexible booking arrangements (such as hourly, all-day, multiple days) are the best.
- Team zones or neighborhoods: These features allow teams or departments to collaborate more effectively while in the office. It is also possible to create designated quiet zones using this feature.
- To further enhance productivity and collaboration, hot desk booking systems enable users to search for other employees in order to find out when and where they will be in the office.
- Features related to health and safety: These include health screening questionnaires, occupancy limits, social distancing parameters, contract tracing data, and automation that flags desks for sanitization between users.
- In order to support workflow analysis processes at a higher level, the best systems keep track of usage metrics. In this way, management teams can quantify unused space and understand where they can further optimize or reduce their floor space.
Software for desk booking
Desk booking software allows employees and students to book workspaces that are most appropriate for their needs, thereby eliminating wasted space. The ability to self-serve should be provided. Learn which spaces are booked, the length of the booking, and other key metrics.