Did your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo become unusually hot as much as uncomfortable to hold when you’re using it? If yes, we’ll tell you how to fix when heats Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo. The most common reason your device becomes hot is liquid damage. Water or any other liquid can find its way into your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo. But some other possibilities also can make your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo heats. Therefore let’s try to check all possibilities and find a way to fix when heats Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo.
Table of Contents
1. Force restart
Apps on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo use resources and may also cause overheating. Especially gaming apps which are CPU and graphics-intensive games, cause your device to heat up. That’s why you need to force reboot the device to fix when heats Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo. This procedure will close all third-party apps and refreshes your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo’s memory. All you need to do is click and hold the Power key and volume down key for 10 seconds at the same time. Then, the device will reboot normally.
2. Check the liquid damage
There are a few things you can do to check the signs of liquid damage. The device charging port is examined first. Because it serves as the liquid’s main point of entry. If it is moist, your device will display the “moisture detected” warning. It doesn’t matter whether you are getting this warning or not, it’s better to clean the charging port area. You can use a piece of tissue paper or cotton swab and insert it into the port. Then it will absorb the moisture.
Additionally, you can look at the liquid damage indicator. When the indicator gets in contact with liquid or even just moist, it would change its color. You can check this indicator by removing the SIM card tray and looking at the slot. The usual color is white. If it has turned red, pink, or purple, it is a clear sign of water damage. Then you need to get help from a technician to fix the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo. If there are no signs of water damage, you can follow the rest of the methods to fix when heating Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo.
3. Boot in Safe mode
In this method, we’re going to check whether third-party apps are causing your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo to heat up. Because safe mode temporarily disables all third-party apps and only allows to run of pre-installed apps. If you notice no overheating problem in safe mode, that means some third-party apps trigger your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo to heat up.
- Firstly, switch off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo
- Next, press the power button until the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo model name passes
- Release the Power button when the Samsung displays
- Next, press the volume down button
- Hold the Volume down button until the restarting complete
- You can see safe mode displays in the bottom left of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo screen
If you notice your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo doesn’t heat up in safe mode, you need to find and uninstall all the third-party apps that triggering this problem. Uninstall them one by one, until you find the culprit app. Check the problem after uninstalling an app.
- Launch the Apps tray on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo
- Open the Settings app
- Go to Apps and choose the app you like to uninstall. If not choose the 3 dots icon > Show system apps and see the pre-installed apps on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo. Then choose one
- Choose Uninstall and choose again the Uninstall button
4. Factory reset
If any of the above methods weren’t able to fix when heats up Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo, our last method is to factory reset the device. If a firmware issue is causing this problem, we can fix it through this method. Before performing this method, backup all your files and data. Otherwise, all your data will remove from your device.
- Firstly, switch off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo
- Press and hold the Power Button and Volume Up keys before pressing and holding the Power key or Press and hold the Bixby and Volume Up keys before pressing and holding the Power key.
- You can let all buttons go when the green Android logo appears. Next, you can see the ‘Installing system update’ text for around 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then, you can see the Android system recovery menu
- To highlight wipe data/factory reset, press the Volume down button a few times
- To select wipe data/factory reset, press the Power button
- To highlight Yes — delete all user data, press the Volume down button a few times
- To select Yes — delete all user data, press the Power button
- You can see Reboot system now, after the factory reset is ended
- Press the Power button to restart your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo
5. Go to the store
If none of the above methods didn’t fix when heats up Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo, we recommend you go back to the store and get technical help to fix the problem. If the problem isn’t caused by any physical or liquid damage, we suspect that something should be wrong with the hardware. Therefore let a technician check your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my Samsung Galaxy heat up so quickly?
Your device may quickly get hot if you use features or apps that consume more power or use them for a long time. This is because they utilize more battery life. Additionally, your phone can feel warmer to the touch while receiving fast or wireless charging.
How do I prevent my Samsung Galaxy from overheating?
Close any open apps on the Samsung Galaxy and unplug the charger. Recharge the Samsung Galaxy only when it has had time to cool down. Use only a Samsung-approved battery, charger, and cable that are made specifically for your smartphone.
Is a Samsung Galaxy phone getting hot normally?
While in use, your Samsung Galaxy phone may become hot, but this won’t have an impact on its lifespan or functionality. However, you must stop using the Samsung Galaxy and let it cool down if you start to feel uncomfortable since the device may be overheating.
Does a heated phone drain the battery?
Battery draining or shutdown problems may occur if your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo overheats. After being subjected to extreme heat, it could occasionally harm your CPU.
Is it a problem if my Samsung Galaxy becomes hot?
Usually, a heated Samsung Galaxy is caused by an overworked battery. Because current phone batteries produce heat when in operation, a small amount of heat coming from the back of your phone is typical. However, continuous or extreme heat can indicate a more significant issue, such as out-of-date software or apps that cyber criminals can use.
Why does my Samsung Galaxy heat up after a water damage?
First of all, check the charging hole and make sure if there are water drops or not. You better to apply cotton button or soft piece of cloth to wipe the area carefully. Then, check the liquid damage indicator which shows the condition by changing the colors. However, it is better to contact a technician for further help.